Friday, January 8, 2010

Various wonderings going in to 2010...

Here we are a week into the new year. 2009 is in the books and it'll go down as one of my favorites. Work was good, our vacation was amazing and we got to spend a fair amount of quality time with family. We made some new friends, lost some old ones and reconnected with a few that for whatever reason, we lost contact with. I hope I have better years ahead of me than 2009 but it'll go into the books as a great year.
Now I've never been big on New Year's resolutions but if you want to pick a date on a calendar to commit to making notable improvements to your life why not pick a date in early January? I'm definitely going to try to make some improvements this year. I won't go so far as to call them "changes." I think the word "improvement" will do nicely.
In a little under 5 months I'm going to be 40. In the 7 months since I turned 39 I've become more sedentary and amazingly heavier... I can change one of those 2 and I can't help but think that will affect the other as well.
I'm going to try to eat more food that we cook from scratch and less from a box in the freezer.
I'm going to try to drink less. Anyone that knows me well also understands my affinity for red wine and couch time every evening. That glass of wine leads to couch time and I need to get rid of the couch time. The glass of wine needs to go away as well.
My work schedule can get pretty odd some weeks. Working late, working early and working out of town really kill my workout and eating programs. I can't change work but I can work harder to make sure that I get back on track sooner after any disruptions.
We moved to Colorado away from family and friends because we love being outdoors up here. The price has been paid so I'm going to endeavor to work harder to get out and enjoy Colorado as much as possible this year.
I'm going to try to be more thankful and appreciative for what I've been given.
I'm going to work harder for the relationships that I want and not get so caught up in the ones I have.
I'm going to try to be a tourist again. I love photography (LOVE IT)... but somewhere along the way I got a little caught up in trying to "capture an image" and forgot so much about enjoying whatever it was I was doing to put me in that place to capture that image.
I'm sure there's plenty more that I could put down here but what's here will be hard enough I'm sure...
Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments: